Discover a well situated and elegant gem…
South Lodge is set in an acre of landscaped gardens and borders a golf course and fields, giving it a semi-rural feel despite being under five miles from the centre of Milton Keynes and four miles from Junctions 13 and 14 of the M1. This also means there are lots of local amenities and attractions within easy distance suitable for both business and leisure guests:
- Restaurants. There are several excellent eating places within walking or short car distance, including both great pubs and a Michelin starred restaurant.
- Theatre. In the village of Wavendon, under one mile away, is the excellent Stables theatre, which presents music and comedy from around the world every night. It also has a restaurant and bar.
- Shopping. There's just about everything you could want within two miles of South Lodge, whether it's a local deli and designer frocks or a 24/7 Tesco's, M&S or Boots.
- Frosts. Worthy of a paragraph to itself, this locally and privately owned garden centre is a magnet to garden lovers from all over, and has been for sixty-five years. I'd tell you it's in walking distance but you'll need the car anyway for carrying all those impulse buys! It also has an excellent cafe and lots of unobtrusive entertainment for children.
- Local attractions. We are five minutes away from Woburn Abbey with its wonderful house and gardens, world class golf course and safari park. Ten minutes drive (or a local train) takes you to Bletchley Park, home of the Enigma code-crackers. Thirty minutes puts you in reach of Stowe Gardens or Whipsnade zoo.
- Feeling energetic? Go organised mountain biking in the local hills or take a leisurely ride along MK's 170 miles of road free 'Redways' or the Grand Union canal. Within five miles play golf, go wind surfing or indoor sky diving; the list is endless!